Sunday, December 4, 2011

Oh, Christmas Tree! Oh, Christmas Tree!!

Well, here she is!!! Our lovely Christmas tree!!
I had many helpers today, as you can see. This year I outsmarted the bunch and bought shatterproof decorations. The broom and dust pan had a remarkably smaller role in assembly this season because of said purchase.

Annelise was having the time of her life congratulating the boys on ornaments well hung and suggesting the next one's placement. She was so motherly and sweet that I just couldn't bring myself to stop her. Luckily for her, the boy's were strung out on too much warm cider and weren't thinking clearly to stop her themselves. It's safe to say she had a stellar time!

Bodie has really started to enoy things that a year ago wouldn't have interested him at all. Last year he hung a few special ornaments but was really more into the cider. This year, he was practically trying to steal my position and be the ring leader. His crafty side was certainly brought out by preschool and as an artist myself, I am loving it!

Can you OD on cider? If so, Brayton may have done just that. He spilled no less than 4 cups and drank far more. The floor may never be the same.

This is how it all started. . . . . Annelise not only dressed up to go get the tree, she had me curl her hair and all. We all had a great time today putting up the tree and decorations. I, for one, am just glad that it's done! This is the earliest for our family yet so I am awfully proud!

2 comments:

Two Little Bugs and a Bichon said...

Hi! My email is courtneynash10@gmail.com. And if I am guessing right, you are worried bc I took the baby news down! Everything is fine in that department! I took it down bc I have been going through a very long interview process, started before baby, and we are getting close to the end. I didn't want them to google me and find out that way!! But i plan on posting about all this soon!!

hailey said...

Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

Thanks!
Hailey