Saturday, March 28, 2009
Oops, almost forgot...the rules first...
1. Link to the person who tagged you. Done.
2. Share 7 things that people may not know about you. Done.
3. Tag 7 people to share 7 things and link to them. Done.
4. Let them know they have been tagged. Done.
1. I wake up happy 99% of the time. I'm just a morning girl I guess! This quality isn't always appreciated by those who love their sleep and like to sleep in.
2. I have never been stung by a bee or had a broken bone. I use to be able to add "never had stitches" to this until at the ripe old age of 32 I had my eyebrow split open while jet skiing the ocean in Pismo beach. Guess the bees like me and I'm not interested in knowing about broken bones!
3. As a child I was obsessed with twins! Wanted two of every doll I had and seriously thought I was born a twin but seperated at birth. I figured we would make our way back to each other like on Lifetime movies. I no longer think that but am thrilled to be the mommy of twins!
4. I am a total Daddy's girl. Always have been! My Dad and I just "clicked" and I have to talk to him every single day. Not sure how old I was when that started but I can't remember a time we didn't talk all the time.
5. I almost flunked out of high school but was a 4.0 student all through out college. LOVED college and could have stayed in it forever!
6. I have to read at least a little every single day. I cannot blow dry my hair without reading and will read anything put in front of me. Seriously makes me uneasy to have nothing to read nearby just in case I can find the time to read.
7. I am NOT a shopper! Spending money makes me feel horrid! Hate it. I will research something to death in order to drag out making a purchase. My appearance suffers from the affliction as I am too cheap to keep a hip or trendy wardrobe. I just cannot buy something unless the one I have is broken or I have thought about it for weeks!
I tag: Jeana, Courtney, Maria, Marjorie, Kimi, Amanda, and Beth.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Until then, enjoy the signs of spring and warm sun on your face! Unless you are my relatives in Montana and North Dakota and then I would advise bundling up! :) Either way, hugs to everyone!
Saturday, March 21, 2009
This is what a congested little girl looks like on her new trike. Still cute huh?
Taking a ride on the bike with a motor! Much easier!
These are the cows in our front yard that are proving to be a fabulous crowd of listeners for babies learning new words every day. Annelise can even get them to come close enough to pet their nose. Bodie probably could if he wasn't yelling "GO!" to them nonstop.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Annelise is one smart cookie staying warm until the sun came out.
Riding the dirt bikes all day (literally) at Big Willow with lots of friends. After an entire day there the kids were still sad when we loaded up to head home.
Annalise giving Bodie a great big hug!
Dillon and his friend at the 4H horse show Friday night. It was his first show and we were all super proud of him. He did a great job and we were flattered to be his guests.
Start every day with a tutu and a smile!
Monday, March 9, 2009
I know, I know. . . I have been a little upload crazy crazy today but I just cannot help myself! I had this video that I took last week on my regular camera and I just thought it was so much fun to watch. The babies really love playing with their Daddy and our evening time together is so special to our family. As the babies get bigger day by day I know I will look back and be so happy to have these moments on film.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Bodie was born a minute earlier than his sister and proclaimed the leader position from early on. He knew how to demand attention yet was never one to protest a meal or cuddling. His big blue eyes turned to a beautiful brown at about 6 months but has kept his blonde locks even though they continue to darken slightly now. He has been our comedian and always so easy to make laugh. As an infant he would laugh with the same smile he gets today that goes from ear to ear. He loved the mechanics of things and is often found silently figuring out how to open and close things. He's not a big talker as of yet but has no problem letting us know what he needs. Stubborn as nails at times he can be a challenge for sure but he's most likely the one to go to if you need a hug or kiss. If you're watching you can often see his happy dance and screams of excitement as he learns and makes leaps of progress. He's as proud of himself as we are of him. Like his Dad, Lucy is his best dog buddy and he doesn't miss a day of loving on her. His feeling are easy to hurt and although he doesn't sit for long he'll be the one to need holding the most. He is all boy and a man's man for sure. Loves the dirt, the outdoors, dogs, working along side Daddy in the garage and anything with wheels. We couldn't have asked for a more amazing son and we cannot wait to see where life leads him.
Then we have our Annelise! Anna Banana, Nanners, the girl of all nick-names! She is the baby but don't expect her to want to be treated like one!!! Born a mere 3 oz. smaller, she was strong and needed less help than her brother. To this day, she is far more independent and likes to do it all by her big girl self. As an infant she would be content for hours just watching everyone around her. She has never needed the spot light and still find more pleasure in quiet activities than anything else. She has become a lover of literature and her books are above and beyond her favorite toys. Anna is very girly and already knows what she likes to wear and her baby doll is one toy she cannot bare to share. She has always been one to need her space. People who don't understand this about her have a very hard time becoming her friend. While she loves people she clearly will let you in when she is ready and not one minute before. Few things really rattle Annelise but she hates to think she is in trouble or has disappointed anyone. She find pleasure in comforting her brother when he's hurt or sad and she will cry along side anyone she thinks is hurt. She is full of compassion and has a contagious laugh. She makes us laugh every single day and we are so thankful for the sweet little girl that fills our home with kisses and bows.
So there we are at 18 months! I could go on for days about how they have grown and changed. It's bitter sweet everyday to see the time fly. We are just so blessed and lucky to have never missed one second. Happy 18 month Birthday! (and 4 days!)