Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Glue that Binds

Three amazing kids at the Dakota Zoo in Bismark watching the bear have a lazy day.
The twins loving the best dog ever on the Missouri River beaches.
Three babies all in a row.
One sister smothering her brothers!
Life has been exciting to say the least lately!!! Two weeks ago the kids and I headed back to North Dakota for another visit with daddy. The miles are long but they pass quickly knowing we get to see Bodie as soon as we arive! Living in the camp trailer with all five of us does not pass as quickly but we made the best of it for sure. However, a camp trailer it won't be forever because. . . . . .WE ARE MOVING!!!!!!!!!
I know. I can't really believe it yet either. Actually, I think I am still in denial about it. Denial that we have to leave this home we all love!! The home our babies were all brought home to. The home we remodeled and made our own with our own hands. So sad that I have to find a renter and a place to rent. I know a home is where you make it and all that but I love it here. I love the view from my windows and the green grass that stretches forever out our front door. I love the nursery that I painted myself and the trees we planted that grew up so tall like they were happy to be with our family.
It's just harder to do than I thought it would be.
On the other hand, Bodie has become the most ambitious man I know!!! We are all SO proud of all his hard work and I really admire his tenacity. Bodie and the crews have been working nose to the grind stone 12-16 hours a day and we are all climbing out of this financial hole together. Feels so good to bring the employees with us as well. Their loyalty has made me admire them more as well. We can't do any of this without them and we are grateful beyond thank you!
There is so much to do and so much to figure out yet as we change out lives so drastically but these three beautiful children have been our glue. With few moments to talk to Bodie and few days together even when we are there, it is these amazing children that pull our heart strings tighter and make us press on. Keeping this family a unit, taking care of each other, and knowing that we do what we have to makes the change possible.
They are our glue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a very difficult decision, but you have to do the best for your family. Are you guys looking in Bismarck? It's such a nice town, I have a college roommate who lives there and I can get you connected if you would like to start meeting people. And on a selfish note, does this mean I might get to see you at Christmas time? ;)

Two Little Bugs and a Bichon said...

Good luck on the upcoming move! While your current home, no doubt, will pull at your heart strings, our hearts are our family...where they are is home. I just love your optisim, it makes me smile, wouldnt you like to live in Nashville!!??