Monday, February 15, 2010

Exciting News!!!!!!!

Alrighty. . . Brace yourselves!!!!! Since I am no longer the weekly blogger I use to be my blog reports have grown and this one is a whopper!!!! So much to report but I think I shall start with the most important! Aunt Georgia (Bodie's sister) gave birth to her twins!!!!!!!! Hurray! Welcome Piper and Preston!!! This is another set of Bates' twins that was a long awaited gift. The twins,Georgia, and her partner Kim are doing well. Georgia is on the road to recovery even though it has taken a little longer than expected. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers if you wouldn't mind! ;) The babies are BEAUTIFUL if I do say so myself but then again being their Auntie I may be biast. Aunt Shelley now can have the braggin rights to say she is an Auntie to THREE sets of boy/girl twins in only 2.5 years!!!! Go Aunt Shelley! There is our BIG news but follow below to see how much more we have had going on. . . .
My Dad with Brayton at my nephew Ezrin's Birthday party. Ezrin turned 4 and there was no shortage of kids to help him celebrate. We don't see him enough and it really was a reminder to make plans with him more often! A fun cousin indeed!
The kids with the Ames' girls celebrating their Mommy's birthday! They ate more cake than you can shake a stick at but what fun! We do a lot of activities with them and just adore their three girls. BFF's for sure! Dinner at their house has become a weekkly event and I couldn't be more pleased. First of all, Tiffany is a fabulous cook and who doesn't love to not have to do the cooking once in a while? Secondly, the kids really do play soooooooo well together. They have a sincere love for one another and I hope to see that flourish through the years. Their family has been a gift for us that we truly appreciate!
A little "Happy Birthday" for Tiffany!
A little ball action at playgroup! Friday we have a regular scheduled playgroup with an amazing group of kids and women. Seriously, the children are all so well behaved and the mom's are a genuine blessing to me every week. I admire so many of them and look to them for advice and suggestions since all our babies are so close in age. This Friday Christy, who always goes ALL out on every occasion, did it up great again! We made Valentine's Day boxes and exchanged home made valentines and lots of candy! The other set of twins in this phot are only 6 days younger than ours with an amazing story! This playgroups is always so much fun! I look forward to them every week!
The only picture I had of Georgia and her partner Kim with one of the twins.
A bluebird day snowmobiling in the Trinity mountains. Home away from home and a place we hold closest to our hearts. Dare I say, who needs therapy when you have mountains like this??? Although the twins have had more snowmobile trips than I have, all of us have still had a blast this year in the snow! If you call our house and we aren't home just glance to the east and know we are riding and loving our life! There really is no other place we love more in any season! Bodie and Annelise have gotten use to gearing up and heading out for a ride. Seeing them learn to love our same passions is an overwhelmingly huge joy! (Please do not spell check this or critique my vocab! ;). . .. .
Bodie! Silly boy has been having a great time this winter playing with his dog and helping his Daddy! Lately he seems to be attatched to Daddy at the hip. He loves garage time and tools too. A real man's man!

Mary getting a little love from Brayton. She is a Prairie girl herself and we always delight in some special time to catch up with her and her family.
Brayton broke thru his second tooth on February 11th. . . coincidence? I think not! The day the twins were born!!! However, he hasn't taken a liking to razor sharp teeth cutting up his gumline yet. Sleep is a memory and drool is the only thing we have in large quanities around here! Lucky he is so sinfully sweet!
Our evening motorcycle rides with Daddy. Daddy has taken to three kids like a fish in water and it has been the brightest light in my life to watch us all grow together. He is always there for our babies and they wait for him to come home every day like it's Christmas! Funny how nothing matters more when you see you babies happy!
My man of solid foods now. Baby food hasn't been his favorite but he is slowly adjusting to it. More times than not now he eats it without a fuss but never without a mess!

If you didn't already know, my kitchen table serves a make-shift pony when we need a little western adventure and it's cold outside! Giddy-up!!!
Grandma Linda made a visit last week as well bringing hand made gifts! There is nothing better, in my opinion, and the kids love their new hats and scarves. This is Anna's second pink hat and I am afraid she will never wear store bought again!!! It was great to visit with her and they sure loved their loot!

Annelise wanted to get in the tub with her clothes on and I simply couldn't find a reason not to! It was funny to us all! Sometimes a good bath with bubbles and your clothes on really makes your day! BTW, Annelise is a card carrying member of the "I literally potty trained myself since my mom waited too long" group. YEAH! I was waiting for Bodie to be interested and since he still cares so very little Annelise took matters into her own hands. What a leader! We are so proud of her and she has done a great job!
My dear friend April and her daughter Scarlett. They actually live a stone's throw from us and we love having them as neighbors!!! It's been fun to go on walks and simply hang out together when we have the time. Plus, she has been my organic food growing and eating side-kick! I think she is as neurotic as me so it's a beautiful friendship! :)
I think I might kidnap her beautiful baby girl one day but I can't say I never warned her!
The kids and I headed off the McCall for the weekend to enjoy the Winter Carnival. This is their third trip and we seem to be enjoying it more and more every year. The parade was a real thrill this year since the children were old enough to understand that they were throwing candy at us! It's always a sweet surprise when two year olds "get it!" and they got it! Lots of it too!!!! I had candy in every pocket of every coat we had on. This also means that we washed a lot of in the laundry! oops! The sculptures were beautiful and the scene was even more spectacular on the drive up and down. We are so lucky to have McCall just a short drive away!
Another fun pastime is all bathing together now that "B" can sit up on his own in the tub for long periods of time. They love anything that he can do with them and he adores all the love!
Piper Bushard Bates. She weighed 4lbs. 15 oz. and was 18" long. What a cutie!
Preston Bushard Bates bringing up the rear with 3lbs. 15 oz. and 16" long. Another adorable set of twins for our family if I must say so myself. However, believe me when I say we ALL think so!
Daddy ripping up some powder on a bluebird day! This boy has some skills!

1 comment:

Two Little Bugs and a Bichon said...

Great pics!! And dont ya just love when a family becomes 'a family'?! Im sure that set of twins was a long time coming...I love happy endings!