Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cooke City. . .The Good, The Bad, and The UGLY!

This picture of Annelise pretty much sets the tone for her attitude the entire trip last weekend to Cooke City, MT.
The little fella's getting ready for a ride on the snowmobile with Daddy. Brayton was by far the biggest fan last weekend. He was outside the entire time and threw a huge fit when he had to come in. That kid loves the outdoors!!
Bodie cruising the street of Cooke looking for the girl's. :) In all seriousness, there weren't many grown women who weren't captivated by this little flirt. Even the gal at the "Buns~n~Beds" offerred to keep him for a while.
While we were gone we saw LOTS of Buffalo! I mean a crazy amount. They are some big and stubborn creature's and Annelise likes to call them "Buffalo Dog's". Yeah, not sure why?? On our way home, they refused to move from in front of the truck. We all loved it since it gave us time to really stare them down and check them out just feet from us. I love that my children have this fun memory.
There were some pretty amazing things on this trip. There were also some bummers. Sometimes we push our children too far and sometimes, they push us too far. Both happened this past weekend. The long drive at odd hours and little sleep seemed to not settle with the twin's and it proved to provide some crabby children. Usually, they LOVE any adventure and are truly amazing traveler's. It's one of the things we love about them so much. Last weekend actually ended a day early due to us saying the ever threatening quote of "Shape up right now or we are going home!!!!" Well, no shaping up came of it and I had no problem whisking them off to the truck and home. It was a sad end to a great vacation in one of the most beautiful places.
On the "amazing" side, we actually got to see a pack of six wolve's circle and try to attack a heard of three buffalo. It was like something out of National Geographic!! I never could get the wolve's and the buffalo in the same picture because when I was pulling up, it was already taking place and by the time I had the camera out, the wolve's had moved down the river a bit. However, it was just awesome to watch. I know that we all have our dream place that is just magical and mine is most certainly the mountains. There aren't words for the peace it brings me or the happiness I feel to have all of my family there at once. I have traveled to many places all over the world. I have seen eight countries and nothing is more amazing to me than those mountains.
I guess if the children had to be naughty, they picked a great place. We still had a great time with friend's and I even got to get out on the snowmobile for a while without children in tow. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that we never have a repeat performance!!! :)

No comments: